Roulette is a thrilling, centuries-old game of chance that earns its nickname of the ‘king of casino games’. Online roulette will keep you on the edge of your seat with anticipation and can yield huge bitcoin payouts when the ball lands. The roulette table is often a symbol of high-class gaming and the name ‘roulette’ comes from the French word for ‘wheel’. Now, with online and mobile bitcoin casinos, you can play the wheel without leaving home, or play wherever you are right from your phone.
With plenty of variety between the European, American, and French styles, online roulette is a popular bitcoin casino game. Check out the top rated roulette games at bitcoin casinos we’ve picked for you below.
How to Play Online Bitcoin Roulette
Rules for bitcoin roulette are easy to understand and you can get started playing in no time at all. We’ve outlined the basics below to help you become familiar with the game.
First, players place their bets. All bets are placed on the board next to the roulette wheel. Just move the chips you want to wager right onto the space of the board representing the bet you want to make. You can make bets for a number of predictions of where the ball will land. You can bet on even numbers, odd numbers, groups of numbers, and specific numbers. You can also take a step back and just bet whether the ball will land on black or red.
The wheel is spun. The ball is placed in the wheel and the wheel is spun. The ball will bounce around the wheel until the wheel and ball come to a complete stop.
The ball lands. Once the ball lands on a number, winnings are decided. If the ball lands on a number, color, or form of bet that you placed, then you win!
Decide what to do with your winnings. If you want to leave any winnings on the table to bet again, this is called ‘letting it ride’. It can help you win big bitcoin payouts. Otherwise, if you don’t want to ‘let it ride’, you can pull the winnings off the table and add the winnings to your account.
The Odds in Bitcoin Roulette
For your convenience, we’ve put together a chart for you to show the odds of winning from different possible bets.
The Different Variations of Roulette
Roulette is a centuries-old game that has evolved into different variations over time. Today, the most popular versions are American roulette, European roulette, and French roulette. Keep reading for the basic differences and rules of each style.
European Roulette – In European roulette, the wheel shows numbers 1 through 36, with half of the numbers red and half black. The roulette wheel also has a green ‘0’, which gives the house a slightly better edge, and doesn’t give players the full 50-50 odds of winning on a red or black bet.
American Roulette – An American roulette wheel is similar to the European roulette wheel, with the addition of a green ‘00’ in the opposite location on the wheel from the green ‘0’. Now with two green spaces (that are neither red nor black), the house has a slightly better edge than it has in the European roulette version.
French Roulette – The odds and bets of French Roulette are the same as those in European roulette. However, French roulette uses a different table than European or American. The French roulette board is configured differently, so players make multi-number bets by placing chips on the lines between numbers.
Strategy for Online Roulette
After mastering the basic rules of roulette, you can develop a strategy to take advantage of the odds. Find our tips on strategic betting below.
Practice – Most online bitcoin casinos have free online roulette games that provide a great tool to practice with. These demo games let you learn the ropes and test different strategies without risking your bitcoin.
Start Small – Then, when you’re ready to move to the real tables, find a roulette game with a low minimum bet and a high maximum bet. This lets you start small with lower bets, while giving you the opportunity to double a losing bet. You’ll want this advantage if you’re using the Martingale strategy, which we’ll discuss further.
Place Outside Bets – Outside bets may have lower payouts, but they have a higher chance of happening. Outside bets are low risk bets and can be the best way to get started in a game.
Set Your Limits – Most bitcoin casinos will allow a player to set betting limits. These limits protect players from wagering more than they want to or can afford. Once a player has reached the betting limit, the casino does not allow them to place more bets.
The Martingale System – The Martingale system may be the best strategy for beginners at the roulette table. It’s a simple system that you can master quickly. Essentially, a player double’s their stake every time they lose, until they win, and then begins again.
Let’s walk through a scenario. A player stakes 2 BTC on odds. If they win, they repeat the bet: 2 BTC on odds. If they lose, they stake 4 BTC. If the player wins the bet from the doubled stake, they win back the 2 BTC they lost on the preceding bet and win a profit. If the player loses the 4 BTC bet, then they bet 8 BTC the next round. According to the law of averages, a losing streak will always even out (and pay out) in the end. The only catch is, some roulette games have a table limit. This means that a player may not be able to play the losing streak long enough to break it and win.
Advanced players enjoy playing with a number of different strategies. The Insurance strategy, the Fibonacci strategy, Oscar’s Grind strategy, the James Bond strategy, and the Paroli system are among many.
The Paroli system, for example, is a near exact opposite strategy to the Martingale system. Rather than doubling a bet after losing, players using this strategy double a bet after winning. You may lose everything you place on the table, but if that happens, you’ll simply be back where you started. When employing this strategy, it’s best to set a personal limit, so you don’t bet more than you’ve planned.
Play French or European Roulette – The additional green ‘00’ piece on the American roulette wheel does give the house a slightly higher edge. That said, roulette systems don’t work. There will always be a house edge in roulette games and roulette systems that people may try to throw at you cannot get around that.
Read the Terms and Conditions of Your Bonuses – Make sure you read the rules, terms and conditions that apply to any bonus. Most casinos only count a certain percentage of the bitcoin you wager on roulette tables to count towards wagering requirements for bonuses. Make sure the percentage and amount are terms you’re comfortable with before investing too much time and bitcoin.
The Rules for Online Bitcoin Roulette
Roulette has straightforward rules that let players play a no-nonsense game. The rules of roulette can be explained by two basic types of bets – inside bets and outside bets. Inside bets have a lower probability of occurring and have higher payouts. Outside bets are more likely to occur and offer lower payouts. Let’s look into them further.
- Outside Bets – These are bets placed on the outer area of the roulette betting table and include the following bets:
- Even/Odd Bet – a bet on all odd numbers or all even numbers
- Low/High Bet – a bet on low numbers (1-18) or high numbers (19-36)
- Color Bet – a bet on all red spaces or all black spaces
- Bet on Dozens – a bet on a group of 12 numbers (there are three sets of dozens)
- Column Bet – a bet on a column of numbers as they’re arrange in the layout of the table
- Inside Bets – These bets are placed on the inner area of the roulette betting table. Inside bets are on a single number or a combination of numbers. A combination bet can include two to six numbers.
- Straight Up – this is a bet on a single number
- Split Bets – a bet on two adjoining numbers, which are located vertically or horizontally to each other
- Street Bet – a bet on three horizontal numbers (which form a street)
- Corner Bet – a bet on four adjoining numbers that form a block
- Line Bet – a combination bet of six numbers that is on two adjacent rows of the board layout
Bitcoin Roulette Terminology
Check out the terminology below to help you jump right in to the roulette tables like a pro.
- Black Bet/Red Bet – a bet on the next number being black or red, respectively
- Corner Bet – a combination bet on four numbers that are joined at the corners on the table layout
- High Bet – a bet on numbers 19-36
- Low Bet – a bet on numbers 1-18
- Split Bet – a bet on two numbers at once
- Straight Bet – a bet on one single number
- Street Bet – a bet on three horizontal numbers
- Payout – the winnings awarded to the player from the casino
- Backtrack – the outer rim of the roulette wheel; this is where the ball spins
- Bottom Track – the inner part of the roulette wheel; the ball slides through here before it bounces onto the pocket
- Wheel Head – the part of the roulette wheel with numbered pockets
- Chameleon Strategy – watching and copying the behavior of a player at the table who is on a winning streak
- Player Clocking – watching and mimicking players who are employing the Chameleon Strategy
Bitcoin roulette is an exciting mix of chance and strategy. With straightforward rules and odds, players enjoy testing different approaches while they watch the wheel spin. In roulette, there are advantages to be found, but there’s no guaranteed way to win. That said, make sure to set comfortable limits for winnings and losses when you play the ‘king of casino games’.