Dice games are fast, fun, and easy. Dice games don’t necessarily involve intensive strategies. They’re just straightforward fun games, where you can take risks and relax from your everyday grind. We’ll introduce you to the best of craps and sic bo.
Craps is a game that rolls a pair of dice and players gamble on the outcome of the pair. This is a fast and exciting game that you’ll want to (and be able to now on mobile) play anytime, anywhere.
Sic bo is a game played with three dice. The game originates in ancient Chinese culture, with the name translating to ‘precious dice’.
Your Guide to Bitcoin Craps
Craps is a classic staple of both walk in and online casinos. In walk in casinos, the craps tables are usually the liveliest and loudest section of the casino. You can experience this same thrill right from the comfort of your home with online bitcoin craps. Check out our recommended casinos for the most exciting craps tables available online.
Bitcoin Craps Basics
One player at a time will roll the dice down the table, while all players have the opportunity to bet on the outcome of the roll. The player rolling the dice is known as the ‘shooter’.
Prior to the first roll, players can place chips on the “Pass” line or the “Don’t Pass” line to make bets.
The ‘come-out throw’ is the first roll.
- If on the first roll, the sum of the dice is either 7 or 11, any players who bet on the Pass line win and those who bet on the Don’t Pass line lose their bets. This is called a “natural”.
- If on the first roll, the sum of the dice is 2, 3, or 12, any players who bet on the Don’t Pass line win and those betting on the Pass line lose their bets. These combinations are known as “craps” or “crapping out”.
- If the first roll adds up to any other number, that number is designated as the “Point”.
- Now, all bets that were placed on the Pass line are staked on the Point.
- At this time, players can also place bets on other options on the table (for example snake eyes or certain combinations of numbers).
- The shooter rolls the dice again, until the shooter rolls the Point or the sum of 7.
- If the Point is rolled, winnings are doled out to players according to their Pass Line bet. Then, the shooter begins again with a come-out throw.
- If the sum of the dice rolled is a 7, all of the bets on the table go to the house and the dice are passed to the next player who is now the shooter.
Useful Terminology for Bitcoin Craps
If this seems like a lot of new terminology to you, don’t be overwhelmed. We’ve clarified some useful terms below. Get to know these terms and you’ll be able to have more fun and be more relaxed at the virtual tables.
Shooter – this is the player who is throwing the dice. In some online versions, you may be playing with computerized players, in which case, a shooter may not be named. In these versions, the dice will roll with a button prompt when you decide.
Come-out Roll – this is the first roll in a round; it determines the rest of the game, and sets the Point (if there is one)
Crap Out – this happens if a player rolls the sum of 2, 3, or 12 on a come-out roll
Craps – when the sum of the dice is 2, 3, or 12
Hot Dice – this describes a winning streak; sometimes referred to as a ‘hot table’
Hard Way – this is an optional bet players can make, it describes the dice landing to show a pair (for example, a ‘hard 8’ is when the dice show two 4’s)
The Advantages of Bitcoin Craps
Some of the bets available to players at craps tables offer the lowest house edge at online casino table games. This gives players better chances to win or at least break even. Keep an eye on the Pass Line bet – this gives players a house edge of just 1.4%.
Craps is fast-paced, full of risk-taking, and doesn’t involve a lot of strategy. This makes craps one of the best games to play to relax and take your mind off your daily worries. Not to mention, there’s no excitement that compares to being at a hot table.
Know The Odds of Craps
Take a look at the odds table we’ve outlined for you below. Once you become familiar with the odds, you can make smarter bets, lower the house edge, and increase your chances of winning big. The house edge is the advantage of the casino over the player. Check out the different advantages below, so you can know how and when to play, to optimize your craps game. Always check with the casino’s payout table before playing, as payouts can vary.
|Bet||Payout||House Edge (House Advantage)|
|Don’t Pass Line||1:1||1.36%|
|Pass Odds||2:1 (4 or 10 point)||0%|
|3:2 (5 or 9 point)||0%|
|6:5 (6 or 8 point)||0%|
|Don’t Pass Odds||1:2 (4 or 10 point)||0%|
|2:3 (5 or 9 point)||0%|
|5:6 (6 or 8 point)||0%|
|Don’t Come Odds||2:1 (4 or 10 point)||0%|
|3:2 (5 or 9 point)||0%|
|6:5 (6 or 8 point)||0%|
|Place Bets||9:5 (4 or 10 point)||6.7% on 4 or 10 point|
|7:5 (5 or 9 point)||4% on 5 or 9 point|
|7:6||1.5% on 6 or 8 point|
|Field Bets||1:1 (3,4,9,10, or 11 point)||5.56%|
|2:1 (2 or 12 point)||5.56%|
|Proposition Bets 2 or 12||30:1||13.9%|
|Proposition Bets 3 or 11||15:1||11.1%|
Your Strategy for Online Bitcoin Craps
Commitment to a strong strategy in craps can pay off big. As evident from the table above, placing a bet on the Pass Line and then odds on the point, can give you the best odds with the lowest house edge. If you’re new to craps, bookmark this page and come back whenever you play so you can easily check in to see where and when you have the best odds. Make sure to steer clear of the bets with odds strongly against you (those with a higher house edge, like a ‘Hard 10’).
As you’re beginning to get into the game and testing your strategy, feel free to use free play craps tables offered by most online bitcoin casinos.
Why Craps is a Great Online Casino Game
Players tend to get more rolls and more playing in while playing online. Though you don’t have the same social aspect in online craps, you get the same excitement and more playtime.
Online casinos also often have much better odds (sometimes 5x higher) than walk in casinos.
You’ll also see a lot more bonuses playing craps online than in a walk in casino. Take advantage of them!
Playing online let’s you access craps tables from wherever you are with your phone or tablet. Most bitcoin casinos have fully integrated mobile platforms that are compatible with the full range of smartphones and tablets from Android to iOS.
Your Guide to Sic-Bo
While playing sic-bo on the web, you’ll see a much wider variety of games than is available in land based casinos. If you’re not familiar with the game yet, don’t worry. We’ll give you a full guide on the rules, bets, and strategies, right here.
The Rules of Bitcoin Sic-Bo
Sic-bo can be enjoyed by players who employ long practiced strategy, as well as those who choose to forego strategy and just bet for the fun of taking risks.
The playing board used at sic-bo tables may seem overwhelming at first. It’s covered in numbers and may look something like the table you see at a roulette wheel. Don’t get turned off, these are different bets you can make, and easier to understand than it may look.
Let’s look at the main bets you should be familiar with to start your sic-bo experience. Keep in mind that payouts will vary by bitcoin casino. Make sure to check the paytable at the casino of your choice.
|Small||Any roll that the sum is between 4 – 10 wins||Good||1:1|
|Big||A roll between 11 – 17 wins this bet||Good||1:1|
|Total of 4 and 17||A roll totaling 4 or 17||Difficult||50-62:1|
|Total of 5 and 16||A roll totaling 5 or 16||Medium||18-31:1|
|Double||A bet that the roll will yield a pair||Medium||8-11:1|
|Triple||A bet for all three dice rolled to show a specific number||Extremely Difficult||150-180:1|
|Any Triple||Three of a kind||Difficult||24-30:1|
|Single, sometimes called “One of a Kind”||Betting on a specific number, the amount of times it is rolled on a dice is the amount of the payout (if you choose 5, which is shown on one die, you’re paid 1:1)||Good – Difficult||varies|
How to Place a Bet – with most layouts, you’ll simply click on the section of the table that you want to bet. This registers your bet. After placing your bet, just click the “roll” button, the dice will be shook and released to reveal the roll. Your winnings (if any) will be calculated and added to your bankroll.
Our Top Tips to Optimize Your Bitcoin Sic-Bo Game
- Practice with free play – take advantage of the free sic-bo games offered to make sure you understand the odds, rules, and strategies before you start wagering real bitcoin.
- Play the long game – if you’re ready to invest some time playing this exciting dice game, start with wagers that have the lowest house edge. These may have low payouts, but they pay off over time.
- Play the board – make wagers on different parts of the board each time. Like at the roulette tables, the wider net you cast, the more likely you are to bring in some major winnings.
- Know when to leave – dice can be an exciting game with a chance to make risky decisions, but don’t be afraid to walk away from a game if you’re playing past your limits. Sometimes it’s best to leave and come back with a fresh start when you’re ready to play again.
Whether you’re playing to fine-tune your strategy, or just looking to throw some chips around, both craps and sic-bo can provide endless excitement. Dice are fast, fun games that can provide a break to your daily routine, or help you change up speed from your other casino games.